Wednesday, August 6, 2008

8/6/08 A New Sweater and Some Old Stuff

IMG_7334


Yesterday I went shopping at lunch time (upside to Dave being out sick) and spent my birthday money.

Yes I still get birthday money at my age. My parents know better than to try to pick something out for me. No one has successfully bought me clothes I didn't hate since before puberty.

The upside to shopping on a budget is you want to make sure you are making the money go as far as possible. In the past I've made the mistake of trying to get as many inexpensive things for the money as I can but I've finally learned that I'm never really happy with my choices. So yesterday I wanted to get at least one thing I really liked. I went to H&M, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Ann Taylor Loft, and finally Express. I eventually wound up buying 2 sweaters at Express. One was a red sweater that I already have in white and is one of my favorite items and the other is the teal sweater I'm wearing today. It's lightweight so I can wear it comfortably even when it's not cold and I like that it's short sleeved. They have it in a couple colors if your interested.

The skirt and tights I've both had for years. They are from the Victoria's Secret catalogue. I used to get all my clothes from there but can't afford to anymore. If however it's within your budget I highly recommend them. Their clothes are good for women who have curves. Their models are not so much with the stick figures.

1 comment:

Rachel Elizabeth said...

I love victoria's secret. My very favorite pajamas of all time are from there.